Актуальная политика сквозь призму истории, религии и оккультизма

Объявление

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

BBC CONNECTIONS NEW YORK 911, TWINS, 1965

Сообщений 1 страница 10 из 10

Авария в энергосистеме в США (1965)(19 6+5=11) — серьёзные перебои в поставках электроэнергии 9 ноября, 1965 г. в США.

В 17:16 в Онтарио близ границы со штатом Нью-Йорк вышла из строя линия электропередачи Ниагарского энергоузла, и через 4 секунды от перегрузки отключились ещё пять линий. Электрический генератор Ниагарского энергетического узла был автоматически отключен.

Единая энергетическая система северо-востока США распалась. Образовались отдельные участки потребителей электроэнергии, запитанные от местных электростанций. Большинство из них в течение 5 минут вышли из строя из-за возникшего дисбаланса между потреблением электроэнергии и производством и невозможности оперативно перераспределить её.

Около 25 млн человек на площади примерно 207 000 км² остались без электроэнергии на срок до 12 часов, в семи штатах США (штаты Новой Англии, Нью-Джерси, Нью-Йорк и Пенсильвания) и двух провинциях Канады.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Авария_в_энергосистеме_в_США_и_Канаде_(1965)
[реклама вместо картинки]
[реклама вместо картинки]

Would you do me a favor
00:51
I'd like to stop talking for a minute and when I do
00:55
Take a look at the room you're in and above all at the man-made objects in that room that
01:00
Surround you the television set the lights the phone and so on and ask yourself what those objects do to your life
01:07
Just because they're there
01:10
Go ahead
01:21
Well, that is what this series is going to be all about
01:25
it's about the things that surround you in the modern world and just because they're their shape the way you think and behave and
01:33
Why they exist in the form they do and who or what was responsible for them existing at all
01:40
The search for those clues will take us all over the world and twelve thousand years into the past
01:46
because it's in those strange places and in those long-gone centuries that the secret of the modern world lies and
01:54
You'll never believe the extraordinary things that led to us being the way we are today
01:59
Things like for instance why a
02:02
16th century
02:03
doctor the court of Queen Elizabeth did something that made it possible for you to watch this screen now or
02:10
The fact that because 18th century merchants were worried about ships bottoms you have nylon to wear
02:18
Or why a group of French monks and their involvement with sheep rearing up to give the modern world the computer
02:25
Or what medieval Europeans did with their fire in winter that led to motorcar manufacture
02:39
The story of the events and the people who over centuries
02:42
Came together to bring us in from the cold and to wrap us in a warm blanket of technology is a matter of vital importance
02:49
Since more and more of that technology infiltrates every aspect of our lives
02:53
It's become a a life support system without which we can't survive and yet how much of it do we understand?
03:00
Do I bother myself with the reality of what happens when I get into a big steel box
03:05
Press a button and rise into the sky
03:07
Of course, I don't
03:39
I
03:46
Take going up in the world like that for granted we all do and as the years of the 20th century have gone by
03:53
The things we take for granted have multiplied way beyond the ability of any individual to understand in a lifetime
03:59
the things around us the manmade inventions, we provide ourselves with I like a vast network each part of which is
04:06
Interdependent with all the others. I mean cross the road
04:09
Whether or not a car coming around the corner knocks you down
04:12
May have something to do with the person you've never met fitting the brakes correctly
04:17
change anything in that network and the effects spread like ripples on a pond and
04:22
All the things in that network have become so specialized that only the people involved in making them understand them
04:27
I don't mean use them anybody can use them
04:30
Down there is one of the biggest most complex cities in the world full of people
04:35
Using things as if they understood them and sometimes not even knowing they're doing it
04:44
New York City like all the other major high-density population centers scattered across the earth is a technology
04:51
Island it can either feed nor clothes nor house nor warm its inhabitants without supplies from outside
04:57
Without those supplies the entire massive structure and the teeming millions it encloses would die
05:03
And yet in cities everywhere we act as if that were not so
05:08
We have no choice the pace of life in New York is set by the pace of the technology that serves it
05:14
You just have to hope it will stay that way
05:19
I'd like you to meet a few people who were in or near New York City on a November evening over a decade ago and
05:26
The reason I'd like you to meet them is because they all have one thing in common
05:29
They were all brought to a sudden and catastrophic
05:33
realization of how vulnerable they were how dependent on one aspect of that technological network I was talking about
05:40
Because of what this did to their lives
05:43
Now until I was told what this is
05:45
I was no more able to recognize what it is than you are now
05:48
But watch what it did to those people and if you look very carefully
05:52
You'll see evidence of what this does in every second of what follows
05:58
now
06:00
It's one minute past 5:00 in the evening rush hour in downtown Manhattan
06:08
800,000 people crowd onto subways looking forward to home to the end of this journey for most of them the technology carrying them doesn't exist
06:16
They take it for granted
06:26
Two minutes past five Kennedy Airport the usual evening departure rate passengers with appointments in New Delhi London Tokyo
06:35
appointments they expect to keep and
06:37
200 planes due to arrive in the next five hours North Korea hang out telling people
06:42
No delay is expected
06:47
Three minutes past 5:00 at the energy Control Center downtown nothing special is happening
06:53
It's the standard rush hour condition in the main control room
06:56
The time of day when power consumption started to come up to a maximum as people head for home and meals get caught
07:03
It's cool outside
07:04
after a high of 58 the temperatures falling to an expected low of 39 with a predicted wind chill factor of five degrees the
07:12
Energy levels are more than enough to cook even on a chilly November evening
07:22
Ten past five Mount Sinai Hospital
07:28
The patient mrs. Makana is expecting twins
07:34
Thank You mr. Chairman
07:36
May I first say two of my distinguished colleague the Ambassador from the USS 12 minutes past five the UN General Assembly in session
07:44
The speaker is President Roosevelt
07:46
In their boxes the interpreters the invisible support structure of the debate, whatever the language at the UN that's taken for granted
07:57
The way stand means worship we made it
08:04
In the subway Herbert Friedman a lawyer reads his paper on his way home to suburban Jamaica
08:12
Our hey, Nick works for a publisher on Fifth Avenue keep us at the time doing a crosswind
08:18
Marjory as shaughnessy also works for a publisher looking forward to spending a quiet evening at home
08:25
Steve Bharati late into a movie Bruce singer works in Greenwich Village
08:30
Bill Palmer is a student. Just been playing basketball and
08:34
Hans Kramer insurance broker all these people take a subway every evening. They expect it at home. They always do
08:45
5:15 at Kennedy Airport at one of the international terminals on the board Scandinavian Airlines 911
08:54
Scandinavian 9/11 is on its way into Kennedy. The pilot is veteran captain Carl lost it
09:00
Kennedy approach controls in the Navy 911 the information
09:09
Part Deerpark 1 to 2 on radio vector final runway 4, right
09:13
ILS a clear moonlit night the flight manifest lists 89 passengers landing lights
09:21
BP feed the descent into Kennedy is so far uneventful. It's now 15 minutes and 30 seconds past 5
09:40
Runway lights at 2 about
09:44
Okay
09:46
With the next contraction day you'll take a deep breath and push real hard. Okay. I
09:51
Think one is bad to start take a deep breath and push real hard
09:56
Okay at Mount Sinai Hospital
09:58
Mrs. Makana is in labor. Okay, I think you can put her through
10:03
The anesthetic being used at the time as a mixture of gases including one called cyclopropane, it's potentially explosive
10:10
But everybody knows that
10:16
Okay, she fell asleep me now that okay with the next contraction whatever a little bit of pressure
10:24
All right, well she started contraption
10:32
Okay
10:34
It's now exactly 16 minutes and 10 seconds past five
10:40
One second later several hundred miles northwest of New York City this did what it was built to do with disastrous consequences
10:48
You may have already guessed what kind of technological network this is part of
10:54
It's a bit of a power station the power station known as Adam Beck to here at Niagara
11:00
Where electricity is generated by the tremendous power of falling water?
11:05
The water turns turbine blades that make a shaft spin at the top of the shaft and magnets and they spin inside
11:13
Up there that has copper wire coils on its in a war
11:17
The interaction between the spinning magnets and a copper coils makes electricity
11:24
That's where this comes in
11:26
It's a relay and its job is to detect changes in power going on to a transmission line these up here
11:33
Power flows north along these lines and on the particular evening in question this relay
11:38
Detected an increase in power on one of those lines that was above a preset limit when that happened
11:45
Magnets set around this metal cup caused it to rotate and that brought this arm to make a contact like this
11:54
That contact was made on the evening of November the 9th 1965 at 16 minutes and 11 seconds past five the
12:03
Effect was to cascade power off the overloaded line and onto another
12:06
Which overloaded and tripped the next until all five lines going north had tripped out dumping their entire load onto lines going south
12:14
Within seven seconds the tremendous overload began to take out generating stations all over
12:20
Northeastern America from Boston to New York as the network fell apart as each area went it overloaded the next
12:27
Within 10 seconds, the only major system left was the great energy island of New York
12:40
As the network fell apart links between one energy center and another broke instead of
12:46
300,000 kilowatts coming into New York to help meet demand
12:49
One half a million kilowatts were draining out of the city to supply areas now cut off from the network
12:55
But still connected like leeches to the New York generators
13:02
As the overload hit the New York generators they too began to trip out
13:10
Hello loop month and you're sucking speeded, okay, your mics are all in
13:23
Jewelry generator as the lifeblood of the city drained it went into spasm
13:32
At the UN chaos the power to keep the lights on also served the interpreters
13:37
Who in the growing darkness has however, I hope brought a glimmer of light
13:43
And without interpreters trapped in their darkened boxes deprived of access to the ears of the delegates the United Nations were suddenly and totally
But still connected like leeches to the New York generators
13:52
disunited as
13:53
completely as if at war
13:55
When you applaud the color cities elevators stopped
14:01
Perhaps the subways were the only technology that people expected to fail
14:09
800,000 people were now deep in the ground under New York Court in a technology. Trap. Most of them had never thought twice about
14:21
As light went so did the one in mrs. Mikanos operating fit
14:30
It was now only ten minutes since the crisis had been triggered by the relay at Niagara more than 500 miles away
14:40
The generators continued to trip out and at Kennedy Airport the radar screens worked black
14:47
And flight 911 was in trouble Roland I got flag warnings, which number two through the area, okay
14:55
Yeah, we got. Yeah, John. Can you hold it a toaster? I'll take
14:59
200 but you what time to go out that story at two and three went out they can't hold on
15:05
By 528 the time had come to protect assistant by deliberately switching what was left Oh
15:11
Brooklyn the only thing left going
15:18
Doing it, we leave that Inlet. Shut it down. Oh, we better shut it down. I guess the system operator recommend
15:26
You find that right from ah, okay
15:34
That go for an area of 80 million square miles 30 million people were now in darkness I
15:51
Selected from each other in small groups millions of people were still unaware of the extent of the blackout in the subway, especially
15:58
Brilliant people started chatting and but for the most part no one really got into it yet because we thought it was just another typical
16:05
Rush hour delay?
16:06
But it was dark and that was kind of unsettling to be in such a crowd but not to be able to see anybody
16:13
So one of the women had candles in her bag, you know
16:19
This abnormal business of actually talking to anybody on the subway caught on briefly all over New York, what's a light on the situation
16:27
My birthday anyway, anybody feel like singing?
16:32
Make a happy situation a terrible one my name
16:45
But while this journey had taken on a meaning nobody expected so - at the hospital at mrs. Mark Ana's delivery of twins
16:52
Thanks to the anesthetic
16:54
It was then a general story around to find flashlights and I needed come on dad won. Thank you. So to see what could happen
17:01
One of the mercies and I shall never forget worked in the room carrying a lighted candle
17:09
To get out of my mind
17:10
But blessed when Estella gage and I had visions of all of us the whole place blowing out from one great conflagration
17:19
No, the phone system was the only thing work, yeah if you could get another yes you boy
17:24
No, you totally backed up behind. I can't see the runway and captain luster was learning the full extent of his predicament
17:31
ILS the landing aid that guided him in it wasn't there anymore and needs check the radio benedi approach console Scandinavian?
17:40
17:41
The IMF spent your wish I've got some wine. You already know the game I extraordinary thing in the subways
17:46
Was that a full hour into the crisis? Nobody was trying to escape for a trout?
17:50
Yeah, it's not even a would it be cricket the board? Yes. Okay. Now we needed the knife. I
18:00
Need now the cups
18:04
Got a wish the wishes that we get home tonight
18:09
Yes, good health to the birthday girl
18:13
Years I
18:15
Just assumed that something went wrong with a particular train that I was writing on
18:20
There was a feeling of its being something we all just had to wade out together there was nothing anybody could do about it
18:27
No one knew anything about everything
18:29
Kleenex and carry napkins around I wipe those seats and I'll get my clothes dirty. Nice put yourself in this position
18:35
Would you do any different here they were one hour into a major disaster
18:40
And still trying to laugh their way out of it drinking wine on a subway
18:44
Help yourself anybody's driving don't
19:03
People began to be very jovial and began to sing
19:09
Show me the way to go home and everything that people could think of that related to our flight
19:19
At the hospital darkness made no difference
19:28
Well, the baby was delivered without the lights because you didn't need the lights for the delivery that's manipulative
19:33
Remember you're reaching up into the uterus grabbing a foot, which is strictly by feel
19:38
here up to the membranes and we'll bring the foot down the second baby was vigorous and that we repair the
19:49
Kennedy echo has drivers in the Navy of 9/11 the captain lost. It had only a few seconds left to make his decision
19:55
He was a 2,000 feet past the airport and heading straight for Manhattan in the darkness. There was only one thing he could do
20:09
Lofted and 200 other Jets that night landed with the help of radio working on planes sitting on the ground in
20:17
The subway people were still coping
20:20
But after now on our and a half people became very restless, it was not not pleasant
20:26
It was not very congenial, but everybody felt scared
20:43
These trained employees would pass outside not look at us and
20:48
Not answer is when people banged on the windows and called out they just ignored us
20:54
I think it's a conductor from the train that I'm not sure
21:02
Gradually finally people began to realize where they were lost under the graphic helpless unless help came
21:11
The entire city that's all relax we'll be trying to get you all four soon as possible
21:18
Between
21:22
States con Edison, it affects the entire city. We have people coming by evacuating the trains now, please relax
21:29
Mrs. Makana found out what had happened to her though. Not the way she expected. This is my kernel
21:40
When I woke up and I saw the all the candles lit around the room
21:43
I thought I was dead and there was a priest standing nearby and for a minute there
21:47
I thought he had come to give me my last rites and I was afraid that all my family in clue that I was dead
21:52
And they came to like handles for me. No, no. No, you know I cannot die
22:01
And finally as in all good fairy stories it was over
22:08
Exactly five hours after the train stopped about 10:30
22:12
the train began to empty by having all the passengers walk out singly upon the catwalk a
22:19
Few days later people were back at their daily routine as if it had never happened the night New York became a trap forgot
22:29
This is one of the more perfect examples of the kind of technological trap that we set for ourselves
22:34
The lift the elevator. I mean, what is it?
22:37
It's a steel box with some buttons in it and may be attacked or for emergencies. But whoever looks that close
22:44
except when this happens
22:46
Where is it and even in this situation closed in with her escape route that we can't handle?
22:53
We behave like many of those New Yorkers. Did we strike a light? I mean look around to see how badly things are
23:00
And if we find in this case an emergency button
23:04
Absolutely, great. We sit back and we wait for help to come. We wait for technology to come back and save our lives
23:10
Because it's inconceivable that it won't innit. I mean if you admit that
23:15
You've got to admit that every single day of your life in some form or other you and consciously walk yourself into a technology trap
23:22
Because that's the only way to live in the modern world
23:25
So you don't admit it you say oh well in this situation will cope but what happens when the effects become widespread?
23:34
Irreversible devastating what happens when what little resources you have to help you cope?
23:40
Give up
23:41
Then what?
23:45
Well in all the disaster scenarios you read what happens is that without power
23:50
Technologically based civilization cracks up rapidly without enough auxiliary power and most major cities don't have it
23:57
Organization is impossible. It's every man for himself
24:00
looting and arson followed and in a city not prepared to be a fortress supplies run out fast and
24:07
However, frightening the thought of leaving your technological womb sooner or later. There is nowhere to go but out away from the danger
24:20
The minute you decide to move
24:22
Here on your own in a way that no modern 20th century city dweller has ever been in his life
24:29
And then the traps begin to close
24:32
To start with do you even know where to go in order to survive?
24:37
Did you manage to get a map before you left and if you did how do you get out walk?
24:42
Drive until you run out of fuel
24:45
Are you ahead of the millions of other people pouring down these roads trying to do just what you're trying to do?
24:51
And if they catch up with you
24:53
Have you got something they need and if you have can you protect yourself?
24:59
Did you bring enough food and drink to last as long as necessary? And if you didn't where will you get it steal?
25:07
How far out will you have to push on
25:10
Until you're far enough out to be safe. And can you be sure that's far enough?
25:17
and even if by some miracle you
25:20
Finally make it
25:22
Do you know enough to recognize the place to stop when you see it?
25:26
I mean, what does survival without technology look like?
25:30
the veto signs up
25:35
So let's say that finally somewhere far out into the country you've come across a place
25:39
That looks right and let's say that you've had the good sense and the good luck. Do you look for a farm?
25:44
Because that's where food comes from, isn't it? Okay, so it's a farm. So you decide to stop
25:51
Has anybody got their first
25:57
Or are the owners still here because you're gonna need shelter and people don't give their homes away
26:04
They barricade themselves in so sooner or later
26:08
Exhausted and desperate you may have to make the decision to give up and die
26:12
Or to make somebody else give up and die because they won't accept you in their home
26:17
voluntarily and
26:19
What in your comfortable urban life has ever prepared you for that decision?
26:26
Okay, let's say by some miracle the place is empty and it's all yours is there enough food in the house
26:30
How long will it last how will you cook it wood fires?
26:33
Are you fit enough to chop all the wood you need before winter comes?
26:37
If you're lucky you've got livestock on the farm great meat, but can you slaughter and bleed and butcher an animal?
26:45
Okay supposing you manage that you've got enough meat to eat until you've eaten all the cows
26:50
But at least you can start running your farm
26:52
But it's a modern farm. Remember it's mechanized. There's a gasoline pump, but it's empty
26:59
So you can't use
27:01
The tractor what you need is a horse and cart
27:04
But when did you last see a horse and cart on a modern farm and everything else here the saw the power drills the light?
27:12
The sterilizer the water supply the sewage system the hoist
27:18
The milking parlor the pumps and everything on this control panel demands the one thing
27:27
Electric power everything on this farm that you found doesn't work. The place is a trap
27:34
But there's nowhere else to go
27:36
The only way you're going to survive is if you find the one thing you need to keep on providing the food you're gonna have
27:42
And you don't need the mechanized version of that thing. You need the kind
27:48
People haven't used in a hundred years. Ah, you need that kind of plow
27:52
you're saved or
27:56
Are you because when it comes down to at this point is this can you use a plow
28:00
it's taken a series of miracles just to get you this far and here you are with the biggest miracle of all a plow and
28:05
animals to pull it
28:07
so maybe after a few days of fumbling around with the harnesses and the bits and pieces you managed to yoke up the oxen and
28:12
Plow the land and then and only then
28:15
Can you say that you have successfully escaped the wreckage of technological civilization and lived off the land and survived if you know
28:22
how to use the furrow you plow I mean
28:25
Can you tell the difference between an ear of corn and a geranium seed do you know when to sow whatever it is?
28:30
You think it is? Okay. Do you know when to harvest it and eat the bit that you think isn't poisonous?
28:35
and it's no accident that
28:38
The chain of events triggered off by that relay in the power station back there in Niagara Falls
28:43
Ends here with the plow the relay itself doesn't matter
28:45
I mean any one of a million things could sail and cause our complex civilization to collapse for an hour for a day
28:53
However long because that's when you find out the extent to which you are reliant on technology and don't even know it
29:00
That's when you see that
29:03
It's so interdependent. You take one thing away and the whole thing falls down leaves you with nothing
29:07
unless you can plow and
29:09
survive and
29:11
Start the whole process off again from scratch and it's no accident that to do that. You have to have a plow
29:20
Because it was the plow that triggered everything off
29:23
Long way back in the past after a different set of people also found out that their comfortable life was falling apart
29:35
In a world where events came to a point where a fundamentally new way of life had to be found
29:54
That's exactly what happened about
29:57
12,000 years ago and maybe four places on the earth
30:01
northern India Syria Egypt
30:03
Central America, it stopped raining and got very hot
30:09
the result of that change in the weather
30:11
Was to lead to an invention that would trigger the development of a civilization that ends with us in the modern world
30:19
Let me explain that you see the high grassland started to dry out
30:23
Became like this place and the plants and the animals that had sustained the wandering tribes started to disappear
30:30
people began to die
30:32
There was only one thing the survivors could do head for water and so down they came
30:38
into the great river valleys
30:52
Here in Egypt that River was the Nile and the Nile was an extraordinary River
30:56
It was in two places for one it brought rotting vegetation and from the other potash and any gardener will tell you what that means
31:04
When it flooded every year it dumped compost and fertilizer
31:07
Onto the land and the land grew
31:10
Too well with easy food the population grew to where not even the Nile had supported without help faced with starvation
31:17
The river dwellers tried planting grain by hand not enough
31:21
What solved their problem was an invention that triggered off a series of events which ends with us in our modern technology trap?
31:29
Because that invention was to trigger the beginnings of civilization
32:12
This is the first great man-made trigger of change the plow
32:19
Because with it, you know how much harvest you're going to get next year and because of that, you know
32:24
You're gonna be here next year and because of that
32:27
You can plan for the future
32:29
and
32:30
After a while when you can produce surplus food, then that's when things really start to move in the tiny settlements
32:41
With regular food supplies the population explodes
32:46
The village expands there are more buildings and they're bigger for bigger families and the more permanent
32:51
you domesticate animals for their milk and their meat in their skin because they're not there to hunt anymore and
32:59
Basket weaving and the twisting of grass to do it teaches you how to spin flax and that makes linen
33:08
But it's the grain that causes the fundamental change because with it
33:11
you bake the bread that is the staple diet on which everybody lives and
33:16
You learn about ovens and about the effects of heat on mud and brick
33:21
But above all you have to have somewhere to store the grain surface in pots, but there's so much surplus by now
33:28
You need the pots to be made faster and you need them to last longer. So the potter's wheel happens
33:34
Then comes a problem of who does it belong to and the only answer to that
33:38
is this
33:41
Writing and the very first writing takes that form a name and
33:45
A symbol for what's inside this pot or a lot of pots or an entire village Gremory?
33:54
And so the little villages grew with their hats and their granaries and then all of a sudden oh where it seems that happened
34:05
The oldest stone building in the world the Step Pyramid of King Zozo at Saqqara near Chiron
34:12
built around
34:14
2700 BC instant sophisticated Architecture from mud huts in one jump
34:20
How do they do it?
34:24
Because of what they'd had to do to feed themselves Gilligan
34:30
Because the river flooded every year and destroyed landmarks and then retreated leaving the soil to dry out they had to do two things
34:37
Find a way of measuring the land
34:39
So the farmer got his own fields back and a way of channeling the water away for use after the flood had gone
34:45
The kind of measurement you need to do those things
34:49
involves geometry and the type of mathematics a civil engineer uses and
34:53
building canals
34:55
Teaches you to work stone
35:00
If
35:01
You know stonework and geometry and mathematics you can build pyramids
35:06
especially if a strong central government that was developed to run the irrigation schemes in the first place tells you to
35:11
If the Pharaoh said he wanted a pointed stone monument. That's what he got
35:23
Funny thing is the same drought that drove everybody down to the Nile
35:26
Also preserve the things they built like their tombs a thousands of years
35:35
The stuff on the walls in this - for example is
35:40
4,500 years old a kind of cartoon view of the civilization The Plough created
35:46
I mean, look, here's the irrigation
35:47
there are these people carrying water pots you see them and
35:50
They carry them across and they pour the water into a garden that has a wall around it and then over here
35:56
Look, there's a fella doing a bit of weeding
36:02
There's the plow
36:06
They domesticated oxen they tried to domesticate any animal that they could get their hands on I mean take a look at this
36:13
animal flattened its back
36:15
Tights back legs. Hang onto its front legs stuff food down its throat and hope you'd learn to love you
36:21
He didn't get too far with that one was a hyena
36:27
Well, you've got a growing community and plenty of spare food and you'll need to protect yourself
36:31
So making weapons becomes very important and here on this wall. There's a whole thing about handling metals look
36:40
Here the weights and measures people checking on how much metal is going to be used
36:44
Next to them the furnace men
36:47
You see the way they're raising the temperature they're blowing on these tubes to create a draft in the furnace to get the temperature high
36:55
Next to them. Here's the molten metal being poured into a mold and
37:01
here
37:02
The fellows beating it flat
37:10
Okay, you get yourself a kingdom you get what you deserve you get bureaucrats here they are described writing everything down
37:16
See the pens behind their ears in this case
37:20
They're noting taxes. Here are the people coming in to pay their taxes led?
37:25
Persuasively by the local police is a policeman with the rod of office
37:31
More policeman
37:33
Here's an Egyptian scruff of the neck. He obviously doesn't want to pay
37:36
If you end up not paying
37:39
They get out their whips and they tie you to a pole and that's what you get for not coming up with the money
37:48
So you have a a busy sophisticated society you have to have people at the top in charge
37:53
This is the tomb of one of them. He was a kind of Egyptian Chancellor responsible directly to the king
37:59
There he is. His name was Mara Ruka
38:06
By sometime around
38:08
3200 BC the entire 700 mile length of the Nile from the Mediterranean to Aswan was United and
38:14
administered by officials like Mara Ruka
38:16
Each one running what was called our water province the section of the irrigation Network and of the river under his command
38:28
What
38:29
Held it all together
38:31
Was the King's magic ability as a God to come up year after year with an inundation of the Nile and to know?
38:38
Exactly how high the waters would go because it wasn't magic. It was his astronomers
38:43
They observed that one particular star Sirius
38:46
rises just before dawn on one particular day the 17th of July every year and that day is
38:53
one day before the flood begins
38:55
They also saw that on average the flood itself came once
39:00
Every 365 days now
39:02
you put those two facts together the star before dawn and
39:05
the flood and you've got yourself a calendar and
39:08
With a calendar you can organize people you can give them a date to do something on
39:13
And as for the Kings ability to predict how high the water would go
39:16
well
39:16
You you record the level of the flat every year with a scratch on the wall
39:20
And after a while your experience will tell you early on how high the waters going to be later
39:26
Now in Egypt where water is life that kind of knowledge and ability to control
39:33
Gives you the power to build empires
39:53
These are the great ancient temples of Karnak on the edge of the Nile about 450 miles south of Cairo
40:00
They were the center of Egyptian religion built in the imperial city of Thebes
40:05
When the Egyptian Empire was at its height the greatest power in the world
40:10
this
40:11
Was the New York of the time?
40:13
the temples were built over a period of about
40:16
2,000 years each Pharaoh adding his bit leaving his name in stone to last forever
40:29
Inside the temple domain there were
40:32
65 towns
40:34
433 gardens and orchards
40:37
400 thousand animals and it took 80,000 people just to run the place
40:41
small wonder that centuries afterwards the Greeks and the Romans came here and
40:45
gorked like peasants at a civilization that made their efforts look like well-dressed mud huts
40:52
It still has that effect today
40:58
Here you come here from the great modern cities
41:02
full of the immense power of modern technology at your fingertips, press a button turn a switch and this place
41:09
Stops you dead
41:22
And then just when you think you've got the measure of carnac you come here at dawn
41:27
to the Hall of columns one of the most massive structures ever built and
41:32
Anything I was going to say isn't enough
41:35
Look at it
42:21
The Egyptians built an empire and ran it with a handful of technology the wheel the irrigation canals the loom a
42:28
Calendar pen and ink some cutting tools simple metallurgy and the plow
42:34
the invention that triggered it all off and yet look how
42:37
Complex and sophisticated their civilization was and how soon it happened after that first man-made harvest
42:46
The Egyptian plow and those of the few other civilizations that sprang up around the world at the same time
42:52
Gave us control over nature and at the same time
42:56
Tied us for good to the things that we invent so that tomorrow will be better than today
43:01
The Egyptians knew that that's why they had gods to make sure their systems didn't fail
43:15
Carnac was the first great statement of what technology could do with unlimited manpower and the approval of the gods
43:25
Ironically the modern equivalent lies again in the desert this time the nomads also settled by a river a river of oil
43:35
Hey, hey
43:37
Hey
43:38
Hey, but what it took the Pharaohs four thousand years to build took the Kuwait ease 4,000 days what's happened in Kuwait?
43:45
The change from a nomadic existence to being able to buy and use everything modern technology has to offer has
43:51
Come in much less than one generation
44:05
Whew eight represents the immense power of technology use in a way most of us have never
44:10
Experienced because we've lived with a kind of change it can bring for more than 100 years
44:15
here it's been focused change has been instant and
44:19
total
44:25
Kuwait has suddenly become like New York or any other of the great urban islands of Technology totally dependent on that technology
44:33
Like them without it Kuwait would return to the desert
44:38
Hello shel hi, how are you?
44:43
Hey listen
44:44
I'm coming
44:46
To spend my Christmas in New York, okay
44:49
you see how
44:50
increasingly, the only way we in the advanced industrial nations with our bewildering technology network can survive is by selling bewilderment and
44:58
dependence on technology to the rest of the world
45:02
or is it not the wonderment independence but a healthier wealthier better way of living than the old way and
45:08
yet whether or not you dress up technology to look local the technology network is the same and
45:15
As it spreads, will it spread the ability to use machines as we do without understanding it?
45:23
Somebody said a few years ago
45:26
About the way our modern world affects us all if you understand something today
45:31
That means it must already be obsolete or to put it another way
45:36
Never have so many people understood so little about so much
45:41
So why are we in this position? Why is our modern?
45:45
Industrialized world the way it is and not some different way with different technology doing different things to us
45:52
Well, that's what the rest of this series is going to look at
45:55
You saw just now that the plow and irrigation kicked us all off and that an invention acts rather like a trigger
46:04
Because once it's there, it changes the way things are and that change
46:09
stimulates the production of another invention which in turn causes change and so
46:16
Why those inventions happened between 6,000 years ago and now
46:20
Where they happen that when they happened is a fascinating blend of of accident genius craftsmanship
46:28
geography religion war money ambition
46:31
Above all at some point
46:34
Everybody is involved in the business of change. Not just a so-called great men
46:39
Given what they knew at the time and a moderate amount of what's up here
46:43
I hope to show you that you or I could have done just what they did or come close to it
46:49
Because at no time did an invention come out of thin air into somebody's head like that
46:59
You just had to put a number of bits and pieces that were already there together in the right way
47:12
Following the trail of events from some point in the past to a piece of modern technology is rather like a
47:19
detective story with with you is the detective knowing only as much as the people in the past do and
47:25
like them having to guess at what was likely to happen next so
47:30
The trigger that sets off the first of those detective stories
47:35
Is that and I'd like to leave you with one question before next time
47:41
Why there's a modern invention that fundamentally affects the lives of every single human being on this planet
47:48
begin
47:50
2,600 years ago with somebody doing this

+1

Типичный фильм Нуар.
Смешной ведущий.

"Сириус" можно читать зеркально.

Ismael написал(а):

Типичный фильм Нуар.
Смешной ведущий.

"Сириус" можно читать зеркально.

Сириус- весьма интересная звезда. Есть версия, что пирамиды символизируют три звезды Ориона, которые вместе с Сириусом указывают на место "рождения" Христа-Солнца в Рождество.
https://wisdomlib.ru/discussion/12

Ra Ura написал(а):

Какой тайм код?
911-Сириус-башни близнецы-33
https://up.screenrec.com/images/f_svFSrJ01uzxkpinE9w7Q3UAZqyCYLeXf.png

rises just before dawn on one particular day the 17th of July every year and that day is

Катастро́фа Boeing 777 в Доне́цкой о́бласти — крупная авиационная катастрофа, произошедшая 17 июля 2014 года на востоке Донецкой области (Украина), в районе вооружённого противостояния между правительственными силами и формированиями непризнанных Донецкой и Луганской Народных Республик.

Авиалайнер Boeing 777-200ER авиакомпании Malaysia Airlines выполнял плановый рейс MH17 по маршруту Амстердам—Куала-Лумпур, но примерно через 2 часа и 49 минут после взлёта был поражён ракетой серии 9М38, выпущенной из зенитно-ракетного комплекса (ЗРК) «Бук»[1], и разрушился. Части самолёта упали в районе населённых пунктов Грабово, Рассыпное, Петропавловка (Донецкая область, Украина)[2]. Погибли все находившиеся на его борту 298 человек — 283 пассажира и 15 членов экипажа[3].

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/777_and_other_Qabalistic_writings_of_Aleister_Crowley_%28front_cover%29.gif/220px-777_and_other_Qabalistic_writings_of_Aleister_Crowley_%28front_cover%29.gif

+1

voyager1970 написал(а):

Какой тайм код?

Н-да... В этом театре есть хоть что-то не закодированное и  не постановочное?http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/d6/0d/1532/t745785.png
http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/d6/0d/1532/t818759.jpg

Ra Ura написал(а):

Н-да... В этом театре есть хоть что-то не закодированное и  не постановочное?

https://i.gyazo.com/24fbf1173571b2d76b6803015c626ab1.png
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7239/7279545370_df60337657_b.jpg

И фотовспышка как раз в тему)
http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/d6/0d/518/t762330.jpg
http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/d6/0d/518/t667620.jpg
Сириус стал членом PAPD после того, как 15.07.2000 он окончил Центр Port Newark K9 и носил значок PAPD № 17.
http://forumupload.ru/uploads/0012/d6/0d/518/t628515.jpg
www.heroes-nogreaterlove.com/sirius.
Кликабельно)

BVZ написал(а):

И фотовспышка как раз в тему)

Сириус стал членом PAPD после того, как 15.07.2000 он окончил Центр Port Newark K9 и носил значок PAPD № 17.

wwwheroes-nogreaterlove.com/sirius.
Кликабельно)

https://up.screenrec.com/images/f_aV0IPp7kcThxu1t9f2gjBMAEGqZoJLHX.png

https://quran-online.ru/53:49